03 October 2010

Abstained Agogo - Copyright or Copyrespect:


1- I have never imposed any copyright rights on anything I wrote. Whether if it's in this blog, Abstained or in Flag and most probably never will impose such rights. But that does not mean that people can just steal anything from in here, Abstained or Flag without proper courtesy of the original source. For me, that is wrong and an infringement of rights.

2- I do not mind if people want to plagiarize the whole content of any of my fanzine as long as it is for a non profit project like Koleksizine etc but I expect to be informed of such act and my blessing should be sought after. That, my friends, are called courtesy and respect.

3- It all goes down to the whole debate of individualism and collectivism in Hardcore Punk. Collectivism is the root and the origin which fertilized another broad and fascinating idea called communism. Individualism on the other hand is human nature. Which one should come first.

4- There must be a well maintained balance between the two. If a punk rock author refuses to let people steal any of his work, then it is his right to do so. Is that not an individual right worth the respect? Is a punk rocker still a punk rocker for not letting people use any of his work? My answer would be in the positive. If you think otherwise, then you are an outright Fascist.

5- Just my worthless two cents.

3 comments:

AliF said...

when we writes something good,people just copy it
when we writes something that is terrible,people condemn us
for me,they have their rights and we have our rights
so use it wisely.
if u dont want people to take advantage on your writing,just dont write. seriously.

in my case,people take advantage on
my videos. i upload at the facebook to share the video about friends. i want to tell them that i wont forget them. but other dude come and copy my videos and claim like his. what can i do? nowadays technology are so advanced and the upcoming years will be more. so this type of person i label them as "SLOTH". too lazy to visualize their own thoughts.

Albinaini said...

Basically the article is about Copyright rights in Hardcore Punk. Should you impose copyright rights in HC Punk (individualism)or should you not (collectivism)?

As long as nobody is exploiting my shits for profit then it's all good to go for me.

HC Punk is awareness. There is a line of dilemma there. That will require a new entry.

AliF said...

ya
if not for profit,i think it should be fine with u n me
like a win win situation